Mon, 07 Aug 2006
As I got back from holiday and restarted my computer, Firefox decided it needed to update itself, and in so doing seemed to lose all the extensions I had installed. Fortunately, I had previously installed FEBE and CLEO on a Windows box and had saved all the extensions I use. This meant that all I needed to do was install one xpi file and then let Firefox update all the extensions.
I also have a new Ubuntu installation, and loading that xpi file into Firefox also loaded all the extensions I use. Then I just had to go into about:config (type it into the location bar) and change middlemouse.ContentLoadURL to true so that pasting a URL into the window loads the URL. (That's actually a lower case c in "Content" above, but kwiki doesn't seem to want to let me write that.)
Then I changed editor.singleLine.pasteNewlines to 3 so that URLs split across lines load correctly. The other values here seem to be:
0: Paste content intact (include newlines) 1 (default): Paste the content only up to (but not including) the first newline 2: Replace each newline with a space 3: Remove all newlines from content 4: Substitute commas for newlines in text box